Dates: 12th and 13th March 2020
Payment: Payments will be required on the day with cheques being made payable to the MLAGB
Conditions of the meeting
- All entries must be made on the Entry Form and sent, together with the correct entry fee, to the organiser.
- All competitors must be fully paid up members of the MLAGB and residents of the United Kingdom or British Subjects. Members not being resident in, or Citizens of, the United Kingdom are welcome to enter but will not be eligible to compete for national trophies or medals. Visitors’ medal will be available for this class of entrant who makes a score in the top three places of any competition.
- Late entries may be accepted subject to range availability and will attract a surcharge of £1 per entry. Practice targets and re-entries are not allowed under any circumstances.
- It is a condition of entry that competitors may be called upon to act as assistant Range Officers or scorers at certain times during the meeting.
- The appointed Range Officer will signal the start and finish times of each detail. No capping off, flashing of pans or fouling shots will be permitted outside these details times.
- Full details of matches, rules, and classes, will be found in the MLAGB Rule Book and are summarised above.
- All trophies and cups awarded at previous Short Range Championships must be returned during this meeting or sent recorded delivery to MLAGB c/o Helen Harper Smith, PO Box 58, Etchingham TN19 7XH to arrive at least one week before the meeting. Please ensure trophies and cups are clean, engraved as appropriate, and in a suitable condition for presentation.
- Shooters wishing to enter the Aggregates must complete and return the Aggregates Claims Form available on the day. Failure to do so may exclude your scores from the Aggregate.
- Targets should be collected from the Stats Office on arrival. It is the shooter’s responsibility to fix his or her target prior to the start of the chosen detail and to collect and return it to the Stats Office after the detail has finished.
- All targets must bear the appropriate sticker(s). Any target presented for scoring without the appropriate sticker may be disqualified.
- Once you have collected your targets you may shoot on either day on a lane and target detail of your choice. Details start at 10:00, 10:45, 11:30, 12:15, 13:00, 13:45, 14:30, 15:15 & 16:00. There will be a 15-minute cease-fire between details to allow changing of targets. No capping, flashing of firearms or fouling shots are permitted during this ceasefire.
- Any competitor wishing to challenge a score must first put down a deposit of £5 which will be forfeit if the challenge is not upheld.
- If you think you are likely to win a medal and cannot attend the Prize Giving, please nominate someone to collect it on your behalf. Medals to Third place will be issued in all competitions with five or more entries. Gold medals only will be awarded in competitions with less than five entries.
- Coaching is not permissible under any circumstances.
- The Range Officer’s decision is final and binding in all disputes.
- Eye protection must be worn at all times while shooting is taking place. This rule applies to all competitors and spectators who are situated in front of the metal barrier separating the shooting and spectator areas on A, B, or C ranges.
- Hearing protection must be worn at all times while shooting is taking place. This rule applies to all competitors and spectators who are situated anywhere in the firing perimeter.